Thursday, February 23, 2012

Harmony project

I decided to teach the science concept of growing a sunflower at an elementary school level through three simple steps depicted solely through visuals that I compiled and photoshopped. I used the gradient of green (selected from the leaves of the sunflower) to give the sense of the passage of time. I used repetition in the placement of the consistent elements in each panel (The sun, watering can, pot, and the same table stretching across all panels). I used the same table across all panels to unite them and show that it was one process throughout the whole poster. The priority of the design is in chronological order to show the passage of time and how the flower progresses from seeds to sprouts to a blooming flower. I think by having the background go from lightest to darkest, the eye naturally follows the poster from left to right, which also is the proper order for the timing of the process too. I aligned the elements of this design realistically with how it would appear in real life, with the sun up in the "sky", the table at the bottom with the pot sitting on it as it would normally, and the watering can above, as it would be to pour water into the pot. I again tried to emphasis harmony through the consistency of the elements and echo through the same use of the elements in each panel but altering them to show the time and the steps of growing a flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment