Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poster

in-class assignment: poster about myself using photoshop


I tried to echo the idea and imagery of the stack of books, using the eyedropper tool to use colors found in the books to keep it uniform and consistent. I built up with gradual facts about myself and used the same font family and just varied the styles throughout. I used a drop shadow for all the type and varied the colors of that as well. Overall I just wanted to keep it simplistic but give the overall feel and idea of a student and of a organized but not totally structured life.

I used priority by the hierarchy of text sizes I implemented- the most important information is in bigger fonts and bolder, such as my name and my major. I used connection by keeping the color scheme very simplistic and all drawn straight from the image itself so everything looks like one cohesive image and is very connected and not random at all. The alignment is purposely skewed to echo the idea of the stack of books, but each line of text still touches the one below it to keep the connection strong between them, although the alignment is more intentionally randomized.

No comments:

Post a Comment